Translate

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

2013 Year in Review “Spirit of the Times”




What is a dream? What is a dream of Peace for the Worlds Children?
It is a goal, an inspiration where Hope lives, a song for Iceality in the wilderness,

That is a dream. Get yourself a dream and never, ever let your dream get away.

2013 was all about this: trying new unexplored area’s of Peacekeeping I never was able to do before. The starting point of great dreams and achievement has always been the same for me. It is for you to dream BIG dreams. There is nothing more important, and nothing more exhilarating than for you to cast off your own limitations than for you to begin dreaming and fantasizing about the wonderful things that you can become, have, and do. That feeling makes you want to realize your biggest dreams,  feeling independent, feeling powerful at first, then astonishing fragile as a lamb and back again as a lioness.

2013 was for me the year of the new collaborations with some of my favorite Causes: from the role as Cleveland Ethical Fashionista for ICEA (for which I’ve been reconfirmed for 2014) to Universal Peace Ambassador for the Worlds Children Peace Monument (WCPM).

This year I am looking forward to working with Muhammad Atta Ur Rehman and The Multipurpose Inter Parliamentary Union – TMIPU, Mr. David Wright Of Global International, Mr. Elvis Bogonko, Executive Director at Jambo Charity Organization and Deans Triplett of Deans Images to name a few. New Peace Stones are already delivered to Nikki French for Ashtabula and Sean Brennan for Parma.
Sarajevo in Europe and Lisa Parker Co-Founder and Coordinator, Peace Day Philly have made inquiries for 2014 deliveries. And with ICEA's help and assistance, Cleveland may become an Official International City of Peace in 2014!!

This 2013 was a magic tragic year, full of joys and satisfactions but also of difficult moments, where I wanted/could/had to only count on myself. And you know something beautiful about it? You can do it. You suffer a bit, but then you wake up stronger than the day before.

But 2013 was also the year of Rewards: ICEA received a prestigious award from the Canadians for the First International stone of the Worlds Children Peace Monument erected in Windsor to mark the occasion of the 2013 International Children’s Games from Canadian Organizations.
2013 Canadian Award for Windsor Peace Stone
David and I were honored at the Ohio Environmental Council’s 2013 Green Gala in Columbus, Ohio primarily for our part of the historic re-unification of the Greater Cleveland Community under the Iceality Silver Revelation.  North East Ohio Area has been 'branded' as the Home of the Environmental Art(s) Movement by the International Center for Environmental Arts (ICEA) as a 'Cultural Industry', to foster civic identity, cultivate jobs and tourism, and brand Ohio Environmental Arts and Culture District in the Bioregion.  We also received an award from AARP for recognizing our work with our peace project as Community Heroes. Among other recognitions are a Proclamation from Senator Michael Skindell and a Congressional Proclamation from Congresswoman Marsha Fudge dedicating the Lakewood peace stone as part of the building the National Coast-to-Coast 'Great American Peace Trail' and the Worlds Children Peace Monument (WCPM). This was an Official event of the 2013 Cleveland International Peace Day Activities.

We also presented two awards to the Cleveland Männerchor celebrating their 140th Anniversary.  I presented an award on behalf of Cleveland Councilman Kevin Kelley on behalf of the City of Cleveland.  At the same time a plaque was presented from the Ohio German American Business Association to Bill Trivison, President of the Cleveland Männerchor.   

My social media network grew like crazy in this year expanding to reach all four corners of the globe. A bit of thanks to social media, which helped me become better internationally known, a bit for my role of active blogger and influencer, and a lot of people who didn’t understand what we were doing started to respect me and replicate me. I also understood myself that my Ambassador job is a difficult to describe, but that I can use it to share a positive messages just by being myself. Never before have I felt freer to express myself and  speak my mind.  Not everyone will like me, but I’ve never been so happy of all the success I had by opening ICEA 26 years ago.
All this would have never been possible without my support group: It grew with Ken, Jane, Monica, Paul, Ruth, Douglas and Michael as new members all of which  composed by experienced dedicated people.

I don’t know where I’ll be in 2014, what I’ll do or what I’ll be feeling in a year: global peace seems possible yet mysterious. Changes don’t scare me anymore, they excite me. I still get happy as a kid for new projects and surprises, and this makes me proud.
I try not to set boundaries, but I also accept the tears and the times I lose, which make my success even more important.
I have a lot to learn yet and I want to grow and see the best of me, but in my wish list for next year, there is a wish which is the most important to me: never stop exploring. Exploring places, exploring people, exploring feelings and explore myself.  I want to discover all the magic of Peace around me. And yes, you all are a part of it: you’re the spell that made most of my dreams of Peace and goodwill for all living things a reality. Thanks for this 2013.  At the end of the year I ask myself, if this was my last year on earth, would I be happy with it?  My answer is yes. And really, that is all that I can ask for.
Peace Friends~
Ambassador Renate

Link:


Worlds Children Peace Monument (WCPM)




1 comment:

Ambassador Renate said...

Bring Back the WPA
http://gawker.com/bring-back-the-wpa-1496240756

BUILDING the National Coast-to-Coast "GREAT AMERICAN PEACE TRAIL"

Excerpt from the ICEALITY SILVER REVELATION
ARK in BEREA
Date: 1/4/2012

"......the formation of a coalition agreement between new partners will further broaden its reach into diverse business and political communities that provide a significant important proportion of the population:

Specifically, ICEA is seeking to petition the Federal Government to administer and help fund the building of the coast-to-coast GREAT AMERICAN PEACE TRAIL.
This program would be very similar to the Great Depression Era New Deal Works Progress Administration (WPA) Program called the Federal Art Project (FAP). Almost every community in the United States has parks or green spaces which would benefit from this program, especially rural and inter-city areas that would provide positive local community guidance for the youth and jobs for the unemployed who are able to work.

"This would be a unique period in developing World history. The legacy left by building the "Great American Peace Trail" will live on through the social media of the youth of America and connect with all the Worlds Children," says Ambassador Renate. “The shared vision of the three projects will encourage the creation of a global agenda which includes people from the cultural, environmental and the humanities communities, foster the development of new work, and will commit to a social inclusion of a sustainable Culture of Peace through the 'ICEALITY SILVER REVELATION”.

Opportunities for new collaborations in between the three projects are already underway.

ICEA has already achieved significant success towards Peace with its veteran programming for targeted Ohio communities through its “Great American Peace Trail” and COASTWEEKS Projects. The interesting blend of works displayed by the two projects illustrates walls and connecting bonds between people and the process of understanding the complexities of our socio-cultural identity through the "Theory of Iceality on Environmental Arts. The creation of the award-winning Worlds Children Peace Monument (WCPM) Project exhibits creative power and aesthetic aura in a collective tranquil vibe of creativity that reflects the sojourn towards cultural diversity at local, national and international levels.

International center for Environmental Arts ICEA) founders and American Cultural Ambassadors David and Renate Jakupca said all three projects share a common goal to connect with all the communities. “As a veteran NGO, we regularly share our expertise and capability with other like-minded organizations,” Ambassador Renate said. “We look forward to forging new opportunities with the 2012 ICEALITY SILVER REVELATION partnership by opening new doors and strengthening existing connections so that everyone may benefit.”

Link:
http://theicea.com/page3

Worlds Children Peace Monument:
https://www.facebook.com/WCPMiceality

Great American Peace Trail:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GAPTiceality